MY TOP 10 FAVORITE BJ AND MINDY MOMENTS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER
Actually, before I start, I want to say that I overall love their story. The fact that they met when they were 24, writing for The Office. That they both are from Boston. That they’re best friends who clearly love and respect the other so, so much. It’s kind of the best thing ever. I like to imagine that his mom ADORES her. ANYWAY.
1. This RPF that Vulture wrote. Kidding, it was an article, but it’s the most perfect thing in the world. I love it so much.
2. This Jezebel livechat where she calls BJ “the funniest person I know”. This is how high she holds him in esteem and that KILLS ME. She works in comedy and he’s the funniest person she knows. God, that’s great. On that note, he’s definitely said something similar about her, but I can’t remember the exact quote. Several something similars, really.
3. Okay, I wish I could link this, and I do have the link SOMEWHERE, but right now I can’t find it. Basically, around Halloween 2011, BJ tweeted a picture of Mindy in a giraffe costume and it was just titled MK. No tags. I can’t explain why I love it so much, but I do. I think it has to do with the angle of the shot — she’s kneeling on the floor and smiling up into his camera. It feels personal and loving. Also, it’s really hard to find because it’s never on his Twitter feed (maybe he deleted it).
4. I love the Three Delicious Desserts picture Mindy tweeted.
5. That time he went to Barnes & Noble to her book signing and someone took a picture and it’s so perfect.
6. That time my best friend and I met her at a book reading and asked her why BJ wasn’t an essay in her book like she had said and she told us that she had to wait until she was older to write about him because their story was longer and not yet finished. Also, at this same reading she called him her best friend.
7. That time she tweeted at him to “come home” and it killed me dead and gone.
8. That time he got her name put up on a marquee for her birthday.
9. This fucking Rookie picture they took. My headcanon is that they’re holding hands.
10. This New York Magazine article from 2010 where the journalist has lunch with BJ and Mindy and writes down their banter.
HONORABLE MENTIONS: the kiss cam footage no one recorded (SHAME ON YOU INTERNET), whenever he calls her babe on Twitter, that stupid interview he just did with EW where he calls them “best friends with incredible chemistry”. Every time she tweets about them and then deletes it, like last night’s “PHOTO CREDIT BJ NOVAK JEEZ LOUISE” tweet re: the picture of her in the car in her dress, which she then deleted.